Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is There More To Life?

Is There More To Life?

Let me tell you a story
A story about this life
About all the worries that we have 
And all about the strife
It seems a constant struggle
A fight till the bitter end
Maybe the only ones who make it worth while
Could be a child, family or a friend
Trying your best to survive this world
And frustrated like so many before
Living on minimum wage
Sometimes I think there has just got to be more
Cats and dogs and people too
All living on the street
Looking for a warm place to rest 
Or searching for food to eat
And someone else is stuck in a dead end job
Never getting the raise so needed
Not looking for a handout
But his son's cancer needs to be treated
I think it's messed up that no matter how sick you are
Whether cancer, cold, or the flu
If you don't have the money for medicine
Then no one has time for you
My faith in humanity just about gone
With all that's wrong today
Yet I'll put my hands together
For those less fortunate
And God will hear my pray

by Paula Renier

No comments:

Post a Comment